Alan and I had the opportunity to go to our very first parent-teacher conference today for Mr. Caden and I wanted to write down what we talked about so I don't forget. Caden tagged along and wore his "super-hero cape and mask" (I need to take a picture of these, they are so dang cute) for his teacher to see. It was pretty funny to see her reaction to him all dressed up for our meeting.
Caden's teacher told us what we basically already know....That our child is a dream child ;) I know all you parents out there think the same thing about your kid, but for Caden it is so true! He is the most well behaved, well rounded child around! He obeys our every command without complaint, does jobs without being asked twice, loves and hugs and helps with Bryce all day, plays with Cole endlessly, and ALWAYS walks away from a fight with his brother or friend. I know that he is the such a great kid because I also have one stinker at home :) (Colester)!
But I digress.... he is at or above grade level in everything, is reading up a storm, can count to 100, can skip count by 10's, is spelling, and working on telling time. The only thing he can't do is recognize the letter H, which is the only letter he hasn't been able to learn in the past 2 years, which is really strange. His teacher described him as a leader in the class because he doesn't let others persuade him to do the "wrong" thing. He either tells them it isn't the best choice or just walks away if he doesn't like the situation. Pretty awesome for a 6 year old, I would say.
We are just so proud of this kid! We get random compliments about him all the time....and I am so happy to say that he belongs to me! How did we get so lucky?
Way to go Caden!
Thursday, February 05, 2009
Before I forget to brag about this!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Digital Scrapbook Credits
Happy Go Lucky Kit by Shabby Princess
2 comments:
I think you should brag. Caden is a great kid I have noticed that he is a person that always walks away from the wrong situations. Never picks on people or starts a fight. You do have a great child. We love you Caden
Amazing. Please pass those genes around! (especially the obeying the parents!!)
What a great kid. You are very blessed. Shanna
Post a Comment