I love the holiday season, I really do! I love the decorating, the shopping, the baking, the gift giving...
But! There is one thing that really, really gets my goat during this time of the year.
Bad Customer service!
Whether it be cashiers, salespeople, waitress/waiters, or even the dang drivers on the road...these people get to the core of me! More than once in years past I have lost my cool, started yelling, screaming, throwing insults (and fingers in the air), being snarky, or just plain over the top blunt! I reached an all time low last year when I threw my credit card at the poor lady in Les Schwab Tires because she kept hassling me about getting a 90 day interest free credit account!
This morning I ventured out on a couple of holiday related errands. I had a shirt I needed to return and when I walked up to the counter the lady told me the store had a no-return policy. This was not stated on my receipt. It was posted on a sign in the store, but when I purchased the shirt Bryce was screaming his head off. Like I am looking around for store policy with 3 children in tote!! I was about to let her have it, but took a minute to collect myself, smiled and walked out of the store. What a difference I felt! I actually controlled myself and it felt great!
So to make this long story short! I am going to behave this holiday season, control my actions and words, and hopefully make everyone's (including myself) holiday a bit better without all my stupid yelling and cussing.
I am going to put Christ back into my Christmas season and treat others the way that He would!
Monday, December 01, 2008
My CHRIST-mas Resolution!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Digital Scrapbook Credits
Happy Go Lucky Kit by Shabby Princess
6 comments:
But seriously, what kind of store has a no-return policy?
I can relate with the rage. It comes from being the one behind the counter, and then having higher expectations for all the other people behind the counters in other stores. It's like a vicious cycle of mean behavior.
This is something I struggle with. I try to repeat a mantra: "My serenity is my own." It's corny, but it reminds me of the state of mind I would rather be in.
I agree. But I don't have rage with strangers and store clerks, so I'm going to try this tactic with my kids.
Love you for it! Merry CHRISTmas.
I'm having a nice chuckle at the thought of you chucking the credit card at her - and I thought that "the finger" meant "I love you" at your house (do you remember that?)
Good luck with your resolution. It is a good one, and one that we can all do better with. It is hard not to be impatient sometimes.
We have all been there with the frustrating customer service!! I think your goal is noble. Oh, and PS. Bryce is TOTALLY passing Ashton up. She is 15 pounds.26 1/4 inches. 75% length and 25% weight. :)
I think that it is a great idea to put Christ back into Christmas. I have been trying hard this year to do the same thing and life is alot more peacefull.
This is David, I dont know what any of you are talking about. I have never, never had any problems with rage.... :)
Great resolution Kim. Thanks for the example you set.
Post a Comment