Monday, June 09, 2008

Happy Anniversary Big Al!



  1. Where/How did you meet? Pocatello, I went on a blind date with his roommate. I went on a date with Alan about a week later.
  2. How long have you known each other? 8 ½ years
  3. How long after you met did you start dating? See above answer.
  4. How long did you date before you were engaged? We met in October and we were engaged in February.
  5. How long was your engagement? 4 months
  6. How long have you been married? 8 short, blessed years.
  7. What is your anniversary? Today, June 9th!
  8. How many people came to your wedding reception? Probably around 200.
  9. What kind of cake did you serve? White cake with strawberry filling and chocolate dipped strawberries. Yum!
  10. Where was your wedding? Grace, ID
  11. What did you serve for your meal? No meal, just cake and stuff at the reception.
  12. How many people were in your wedding party? I didn’t have one. Just Alan and I.
  13. Are you still friends with them all? N/A
  14. Did your spouse cry during the ceremony? Yup, he is the crier in our relationship.
  15. Most special moment of your wedding day? Our first kiss as husband and wife!
  16. Any funny moments? Walking outside after our reception to find a huge bale of straw in the back of Alan’s truck!
  17. Any big disasters? The huge bale of straw in the back of Alan’s truck. The guys that were funny enough to put it there never came to take it out. We were stuck at the church with no car to leave!
  18. Where did you go on your honeymoon? Boise and Spokane.
  19. How long were you gone? Six or so days, too short!
  20. If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change? I wouldn’t have had a big reception or wedding. I wish now that I would have just had a nice intimate ceremony for immediate family with a really nice dinner.
  21. What side of the bed do you sleep on? Whichever is farthest from the door. I don’t want to get kidnapped in the night!
  22. What size is your bed? King. I was thinking the other night it is too big. I miss snuggling in our little queen.
  23. Greatest strength as a couple? We support each other as parents in most all things.
  24. Greatest challenge as a couple? Not being able to talk about “sensitive” subjects about our marriage. We skirt around some issues.
  25. Who literally pays the bills? Alan, I have never paid a bill in 8 years of marriage.
  26. What is your song? Hmmm… we don’t really have one.
  27. What did you dance your first dance to? Ice Cream by Sarah McLaughlin I think.
  28. Describe your wedding dress: Simple, white, modest. It was perfect for me.
  29. What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding? Pink roses, lilies, don’t really remember??
  30. Are your wedding bands engraved? Nope, Alan lost his after like 2 months of marriage. We have never replaced it.
  31. How old were you when you got married? He was 23 and I was 20.
I love you babe! Thanks for 8 short, love filled, school filled, kid filled, busy crazy life filled amazing, wonderful years! I am so glad we have each other forever!

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Happy Anniversay Kim!

Dave and Julie said...

Kim I agree with you, on the bed the far away from the door.
Happy Anniversay!!! We love to have you close to were we live you two have been so much help to our family Thanks

The CEO said...

I vividly remember your wedding and reception (of course, that was when I decided to dye my hair with the black permanent color..not one of my strongest moments). I remember that your dress was gorgeous and you and Alan looked so happy. Congratulations and Happy Anniversary. We love you.

Digital Scrapbook Credits

Happy Go Lucky Kit by Shabby Princess