Saturday, January 24, 2009

January Blahs....

Have you been to Utah lately?

You might mistake it for smoggy downtown Detroit if you have! We have been having the worst winter inversion here this week and it has us all a little down here at the Keele household. The air has been so bad they have even been keeping the kids in for recess at school. My kids, who live outside most days, are feeling couped up. We can't see our beloved mountains out the kitchen window. We haven't seen a peek of the sun for more that a week. And two of my three kids are hacking up a lung (not sure if this is smog related or not).

But some good has come of it... Caden is reading more. I am making more baked goods with my kids, something they love to do (something my fat gut does not!). I am getting some hard core decorating done thanks to some money from Santa (aka Big Al). We have been visiting some of our favorite places we haven't been to since summer like the Treehouse Museum in Ogden with Tyler and Kenzie and the Hill Air Force Aerospace museum. And we have been watching lots of movies as a family with big bowls of homemade popcorn.

And we know the end is in sight. February is always better.....

And here is a cute picture of my youngest child. Somehow the camera forgot I have two older children. When I downloaded my pictures, Bryce was the only one on it!

2 comments:

Mary said...

It is that time of year - isn't it? I know things are bad when I catch myself dreaming of sandy beaches randomly throughout the day...

Dave and Julie said...

I am tired of being in side I love to be out side. Thanks for hanging out with us at the tree house it was fun. we now have a pass so we can go anytime to the tree house.

Digital Scrapbook Credits

Happy Go Lucky Kit by Shabby Princess