Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Caden's Ears

Caden has been battling ear infections for the past few months, well, really, his whole life, but it has been especially bad since he started Kindergarten in July. After 5 or 6 infections his doctor finally referred us to an ENT doctor for tubes. He went and had his hearing checked and I was surprised to find out that he was only hearing at about 50% so we decided to get tubes put in and his adenoid out!

We went to Primary Childrens Hospital (what a great hospital by the way!) last Friday and had it done. I think I was 100% more nervous than Caden. I kept double guessing our decision to have this done, which I guess is probably a normal feeling whenever your kid gets put under....

Anyways, the surgery went great. The doctors and nurses were impressed that Caden was such a great kid! The next day it was amazing the difference in Caden's manor. His eyes were brighter, his appetite had increased and best of all he said he could hear so much better! I guess that having infection bubbling in his ear for 6 months really afffected him. I am just glad to have it over with and hopefully he will be a healthy kids from here on out!

2 comments:

Dave and Julie said...

I am glad that he is feeling better. It was fun to spend one on one time with Cole. Ty and Cole played so good and had so much fun.

The CEO said...

Primary Childrens is the absolute best hospital!!! I knew you were in good hands. I'm so glad things went well. Surgery is always scary. We're sure thinking of you and Caden.

Digital Scrapbook Credits

Happy Go Lucky Kit by Shabby Princess