Thursday, October 23, 2008

Shamrock shakes and other stuff

Caden's teacher has been on maternity leave since he started school in July, so Kindergarten has kind of been put on "hold" until now. She is back and I have to say that I love her ideas. She is a very hands on teacher and all about including the whole family in the learning process. Caden rarely comes home with papers and if he does, it is usually an art project of some sort. For homework, he has "Alphafriend Adventures". This week was Sammy the Seal. At home we had to find some type of "S" activity to do together. So this week we made Shamrock Shakes. (Lime sherbert, banana, and milk blended together). After we do the activity Caden has to write (ALL BY HIMSELF) what we did for our adventure. This has been very hard for me to let go of the control of helping him! Right now his words are mostly unrecognizable, but I am sure it will come with practice! Cole especially likes Caden's homework! He hates to do anything without his brother...

The boys are very much into dress up right now! They love to be super heros, knights, starwars characters, cowboys.... Much different from the dress up I did as a little girl! I don't think I will ever get used to the way boys "play". Between the dirt, the wrestling, fighting with swords and guns I just might go crazy!
Bryce went to the doctor today for his 2 month checkup. He weighed in at 13 lbs and 24 inches, which puts him in the 90th percentile for both height and weight! Holy cow!!! Caden and Cole have NEVER even passed the 10th percentile. It is strange having a bigger baby...he might pass his brothers up soon!! He is perfectly healthy except for a herniated belly button, which the doc said is harmless (but totally gives me the heeby-geebies to push on) and should go away in the next couple of years. And they totally sprung flu shots for the older two on me! I like to have time to prepare my kids for shots. (Remember taking me to the health department for shots without a word Mom??) Caden started crying right away when he heard the news, but Cole stood tall and said he wasn't going to cry, and he didn't! What a difference in personalities. Bryce got too many shots to count and the nurses were not nice at all. His little legs bled so badly and all over his cute cloth diaper...grrr....
( I love this picture! I think of them as my baby (Cole) and my other baby, Bryce)

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Coupla things..... :)

1, what a cool teacher.
2, those are very cool costumes and I love love love that your boys love to dress up.
3, Bryce is so cute and chunky. And I can't believe the nurses made him bleed. They should be spanked.
4, Cloth diapers? Like real cloth diapers? For his diaper? Do you like them?

Unknown said...

Julie -

Yup, real cloth diapers! I have been using them for about a month and love them! I use this brand called bumgenius 3.0. They are easy to use (they are just like dispoables) and easy to wash. I spent about $300 to get started and by my calculation will save over $1500 on dispoables. More if I use them on the next child!

Anonymous said...

Seriously, the next child will be a girl. You have to create the next generation of Parkinson's because apparently none of your siblings are working on it.
Caden's teacher makes me wish I would have gone into elementary ed.

Digital Scrapbook Credits

Happy Go Lucky Kit by Shabby Princess